Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Love That Boy

Seth's birthday is coming up, and I decided to check in with him and see if there's anything that he feels like he can't live without. Much to my surprise he was having a difficult time coming up with anything. He asked me to help him think of something, so the two of us were talking about various things he enjoys doing. After some deliberation, Seth, in his nonchalant voice, exclaimed:

"Maybe a rope."

"A rope? What would you do with a rope?"

"You know, throw it around, tie things up. Just a good, long rope."

Then I had an idea.
"Seth, we could go to the camping aisle at WalMart and see what kind of fun outdoorsy things they have."

Excitement actually started to build in his voice now.
"I do love going on adventures," from my boy who LOVED reading Huck Finn.

"Yes you do."

"Do you think they sell canoes there?"

"Maybe not canoes."

"How about just a paddle?"

"We'll have to look and see."

He walked away and you could just see the wheels turning. A rope? I thought I was going to die. It doesn't get cuter (or more manly) than that.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Not just a rope. A good, long rope :) Way too cute.

Unknown said...

So cute. James didn't know what he wanted either. Other than anything Ben got for his birthday. Little brothers. :)

Rebecca said...

A spy camera and a rope....could be a treacherous combination. We love Seth

Michelle said...

Little boy things for little boys like Seth. Something's matching up. Strangely, it fits.