Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm Loving It

As with a vast majority of the country, we were hit by the nice arctic storm. We didn't get loads of snow, just crazy cold weather. School has been canceled the past couple of days due to the below freezing temperatures. Yes, as in 25 degrees below zero. Our high yesterday was -3 and that's not including the frigid northern wind that was just blowing away.

I absolutely love Snow Days, or Cold Days in this case. It's such a wonderful excuse to not do anything productive. The house falls into disarray, and chances are no one will be stopping by so who really gives a rip? All the day's errands and activities are canceled and let's face it, the morale in the home increases by 150%. These days are perfect for reading, drinking hot chocolate, baking, watching movies, and cuddling up. It's been a glorious week.

3 comments:

Mama Tales said...

I have memories of being home for a week of snow days as a kid. It was an adventure! Do you have to make these days up at school?

Becky said...

My thoughts exactly! I loved having those 2 days off! :)

Rebecca said...

Yeah, I remember particularly cream of wheat on those mornings.