Monday, April 25, 2011

Randomings

I find picking out paint difficult. I'm not color-matching savvy, so it quickly becomes a very painful process. As I look at all the varying shades of brown, everything starts to blend together. I suddenly feel like I'm at the optometrist trying to decide if I can see better with lens A or B, or B or A, and on and on. It just makes me want to scream.

I clothe my children. I honestly do. They have drawers full of clothing. However, I'm not so sure their teachers have this impression. They would be perfectly content if they could wear the exact same outfit everyday of the week. Dirt? Who cares. Stink? No problem. Holes? Even better. I swear I'm constantly marching them back into their rooms to change their clothes into something clean, or at the very least different. Boys. Sheesh.

I feel like a creature from a Dr. Seuss book, and here's why. Lately, I have been stumbling upon white hair sprouting from my head. It's only ever one at a time, thus far. But they're WHITE and stiff and sticking straight up. Now I'm not sure from what book it comes, but I have a total mental picture of a little person with one hair on top of its head and this person/creature is getting it cut? I personally prefer to pluck at this point.

Let's see, is there anything else I can gripe about?......... I guess that'll do me for now.

6 comments:

Alisa F. said...

It's from Dr. Seuss's ABC Book. It's for letter B - boy and barber. :) And good luck with the paint choosing - I'm like you, so I feel your pain.

Beth said...

Ha! I hear you. Paint -- check. I told you, I think, about Nathan having to repaint what was to be the baby's room because I picked out this terrible shade of highlighter-yellow. (Then I decided to just go with the green, already painted room instead. I'm fickle.)

Clothes -- check. Today, both of my boys are wearing pants that will be good in case of flood, they're so short. But I didn't say anything because it's the first time in *days* that they haven't come out wearing baggy $1 sweatpants (I bought them for camping) or holey jeans, which I do nag them about.

Random scraggly white hairs -- check! Nathan thinks they are cool (what a weird sense of humor he has). I am finding new ones all the time. :-P

Meggin said...

Hmm, yes, there is a little person with one hair on his head in Dr. Suess' ABC, but I was actually thinking of the ones in "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish." They are standing in a line to get their one little hair cut, and it says,

"These yellow pets are called the Zeds. They have one hair up on their heads. Their hair grows fast, so fast they say, they need a haircut everyday."

And yes, I wrote that from memory, in case you were wondering. We are definitely in the Dr. Suess stage of life right now. :)

lanita said...

It's official, I'm a Zed.

Michelle said...

Oh oh! I like Zeds! They're so great. They're my favorite!

lanita said...

this is abram here, not lanita. ignore that LANITA SAID thing up there. so my mom is a fish. cooooo1!!!!