Sunday, May 19, 2013

Men's Choir 2013


The boys have an incredible music teacher, Mr. Leatherman.  He also heads up the school's choir and one thing I love that he does is separate the boys and girls.  The girls rehearse for half of the year and the boys the other.  He says he gets such a bigger turn out from the boys when he does it this way.  This year he had nearly 70 boys come out for choir.  I thinks that's so awesome!



Even my Seth joined.  I am so proud of him.  Singing has not been his favorite thing to do, but thanks to the fun and talented Mr. Leatherman, Seth has come a long way!  This was the first year Seth could join choir and while he was very excited to be able to do it with Abram, I think he found that singing is not too bad along the way.

Wednesday was the choir's "tour."  I got to help chaperon, and it really was a lot of fun.  Tiring, yes, but fun.  That's a lot of crazy boys to keep track of!  The "Men's Choir" performed at 3 elementary schools and at the Senior Center.  They did fantastic.  Then it was off for bowling, laser tag, and pizza to celebrate all their hard work.

Seth and his good friend

Abram and his good friend





This is Abram's last year with Mr. Leatherman.  Between plays, talent shows, music classes, choir, and honor's choir, Abram has really grown to love this man.  Seth has one more year with him before Mr. Leatherman retires.  We're all sad that "Little Bell" (Chase) won't have this wonderful teacher.


For some reason I can no longer upload videos to youtube.  So frustrating.  I've been working on it for days to no avail.  Maybe someday I'll get some video clips uploaded.  Somehow.....

No comments: