Friday, March 7, 2008

Haircuts


This is what we call Haircut Nintendo. It's probably pretty self explanatory, but when it's time for haircuts at our house the boys get to play the old school Nintendo system with all of its awesome games like Rad Racer, Super Pitfall, Duck Hunt, and (one of my personal favorites) Super Mario Brothers 3. I usually get sucked into as well and I must say it's pretty amazing what all comes back to me after 20+ years of playing (jump here and there's a star, fly to this spot to get the whistle, open the chest on the left for a mushroom, etc.) In true Nintendo fashion the system still needs come coaxing, but luckily the general fix-it rules still apply:
1. Take the game out
2. Blow into the game cartridge
3. Blow into the system itself
4. Count to 3
5. Put the game back in
6. Bang on the top for good measure
7. Presto! Game on
Cutting hair can be no small feat, but this "Haircut Nintendo" seems to do the trick. Oh, and don't you like the garbage bag Sam stuffs the boys into when it's their turn?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so funny. I am lol-ing right now!

Adri said...

Okay the garbage bag is hysterical. Yet practical. I may have to steal Sam's idea.

ashleyboice said...

I love it. My kids hate haircuts. I usually take them to the beauty college on tuesdays when haircuts are 3 dollars. Then they are done in 7 minutes and I am out of there. I used to try to do it myself but after horrible looking haircuts and a lot of crying I gave up. What a good husband you have.