Monday, March 17, 2008

Lots of Pictures

Yay! Blogger decided to work. Here are some pictures documenting our getaway. I'm already wondering if it was really a dream. It just went by way too fast! The really good pictures are ones Adri took--she's the photographer. So there are lots of pictures of me, and I'm really not a vain person it's just that Adri was snapping pics all the time. And well, shoot, how often do you get pictures of yourself to post on your blog?

We happened to be in Chicago on St. Patty's Day weekend. We didn't put two and two together and forgot that we would be in the city along with 1/2 million other people who come to party. The streets were PACKED and everyone was wearing green. There was so much energy in the air, and it was great fun. We had to find a street vendor to purchase our own green attire. (My green beanie helped keep me toasty in the Windy City!)





Here's the bean at Millennium Park. I had to throw in the one with Big Red in the background (CNA, the red building). Sam worked there the summer of 2003.

We went to the Adler Planetarium (enter Nerd Factor). We saw a neat show on Black Holes and had a little too much fun with the Mars rover simulation.



At Navy Pier we went on the ol' famous ferris wheel. What an amazing view of the city from its tippy top. (We actually heard a girl ask some young navy guys if they were stationed there, at Navy Pier that is.)



This is at Giordano's.....the best pizza you have EVER tasted. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! (I look a little tired in this picture, don't you think?!)

We got tickets to see Wicked and it was absolutely the icing on the cake. Everyone I have talked with is right.....what a fun, funny, magical, spectacular play. I LOVED it!!!

And I must give a big thank you to my husband for holding down the fort while I was gone. He never made me feel guilty for leaving and was so excited for me. He even took 2 days off work to watch the boys, making things easier. He made sure violin and homework got done. He took care of a function Abram had at school. He took the boys to their wrestling match in a town over. And to top it off, he fixed up our bathroom that needed some work done to it. He was a busy beaver and was probably just as tired from his long weekend as I was from mine! He's the greatest. Thank you, Sam!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lanita it looks like so much fun! You are so cute.

Laura Lei said...

Oh my gosh...I am so jealous. It looks like you guys had so much fun. The pictures are awesome.

amy said...

what fun sister love! I love it and I am so happy for you (a little jealous too...okay a lot jealous!) You guys got to do so many fun things! What a blast! You deserved it, way to treat yourself! I can't believe how long your hair is getting! It looks so pretty and cute! I just cut mine...I know I can't believe it either! Glad you had good times! Where is your next trip?

The Perkes Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I hope I get a girls weekend like that sometime. Way to go Sam for helping it happen!