Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Completely Frustrated

I need help. I have been doing this blog in hopes of creating a book on blurb.com, using this as a journaling tool. However after I downloaded the free software and began TRYING to put a book together, it wasn't long before my hopes began to quickly fade.

Blurb.com is one of THE most unuser-friendly programs. Melissa, I know that you've made a book. Did it take you forever to accomplish? Is it really that difficult to use or am I just that computer illiterate? One of my biggest problems I had was all of the pictures I "slurped" apparently did not have high enough resolution to be able to use. I know for a fact that that is hogwash as according to shutterfly.com I can print them off as big as 16x20 with no problem.

I then waisted a day uploading all my pictures from my blog to my shutterfly account in hopes of making a book there. However after making my first 12 pages I realized that the cost of this book was going to be around $130 to get all my postings included. I don't think so. So now I'm looking at printing off hard copies of all of my pictures, printing my text off in Word and slapping together a "scrapbook" without all of the bells and whistles. Argh!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Lanita, I am so sorry. Blurb's program is very user-un-friendly. I had trouble making my book last year as well. I had to learn to work around some of the quirks of the system. If you'd like, I can come over and help you (hey, I just live up the street now!) What size are your pictures when you upload them to your blog? I'll call you tomorrow and come help.

ashleyboice said...

yeah have melissa help you. It takes sometime to get it all worked out. I ended up not slurping everything over and doing it page by page. I know a lot of work...but man they look so good once they are finished printing and...NOTHING compares price wise. I have searched high and low for something with compatible prices and right now there is nothing. Sorry...it is really frustrating though.

DJ and Melissa said...

Try mypublisher.com. I'm making a book right now from my wedding and it seems to be going really well. I picked the storybook option. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

When you upload a picture to a server/internet, it frequently will compress it, so it doesn't take up so much space...the nelson website does anyways (unless you click on viewing it at the largest setting and then download it). GOOD LUCK, and lift an arm!