Tuesday, September 2, 2008

You're My Playtime

Seth started this "game" awhile ago. "Mom, guess what?" he would say to me as he stalked my direction. "You're my playtime!" and then he'd jump onto me and (how does one describe it?) go balistic. He turns into a whirlwhind of arms and legs, elbows and heads and proceeds to wiggle and squirm and tickle and tackle and he adheres to you like superglue.

His new thing now is to trick you so you don't know it's coming. He lures you in with a catchy question or statment and then suddenly WHAM! You're hit by Whirlwind Seth. Of course by now I can recognize the smirk on his face, but some of the classic lines are, "Oh I forgot to tell you what I learned in church today......You're my playtime!" or "That reminds me, mom.......you're my playime!" or "Remember when we went to the zoo?......You're my playtime!"

Of course his brothers have to join in the frenzy and what you get is something that looks like this......

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, Seth has gotten pretty clever with his game there! And you did an amazingly good job describing that. Couldn't have put it better myself. Wish I could be there to play!

Mama Tales said...

I know when Seth says Grandma ( in that special little tone)....I find myself a little nervous and ready to go on the defensive...Play Time!!!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite was "good news!!!...your my new play time!"
we still have "sethy" quotes popping up around our house