Sunday, September 28, 2008

Family Ho-Down

Our ward had its first time ever talent show this weekend. Well, they called it The Ward Talent Show, or Lack Thereof. The Activities Committee went all out, and it was quite the fun night! We had our own little family act (more along the line of Lack Thereof) consisting of Abram on the violin, me on the piano, Seth with the harmonica, Chase on the tambourine, and Sam with "a little more cowbell." Much to our surprise, we took 3rd place and came home with "our very first trophy!" The boys were beside themselves. Our trophy is in a place of honor next to various baseball and wrestling awards the boys have on display in their bedroom. I think Chase won it for us, however. Watch what he does at the end of our ho-down. So funny. He must have really been feeling it. (Coryn, I got the video to work! Maybe yours will, too.)

6 comments:

Dawn W said...

Lanita, what a fun (and funny) talented family you have! Scott will think it's funny that you posted a musical adventure the same weekend he posted his scouting banjo debut. Abram's good on his violin!

Mama Tales said...

Dad and I had to watch it several times. We loved it and a big thanks for posting it. What a talented family we have!!!!

DenosClan said...

I had my whole family watch this. It is SO cute. I can't believe you didn't place 1st! Kyle told me how impressed he was with Abrams ability to play the violin. He loved spending time with your family. I'm glad I found your blog through Britta's blog. It's nice to see what you guys are up to. You have an amazing family.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Somehow I think this is just the beginning Lanita! This was great.

The Perkes Family said...

Yeehaaaw!

Heather said...

What fun! You certainly all showed some talent. Wish I could see the boys.