Monday, February 9, 2009

HalleLUUUUUjah

I did it. I made it through the wrestling season. It took nearly 6 looonnnggg months to make it here, but make it I did, and it feels great (to be done that is).

The boys' last tournament was this past weekend, and once again it was down south about an hour away. We surprised them by going there the night before and checking into a hotel. We pricelined a 4 star hotel for $40. It was so nice. We love priceline!

After grabbing a bite to eat, the boys had too much fun swimming in the pool. I personally enjoyed the hot tub. We went back to our beautiful room and stayed up too late watching the Discovery Channel. Abram about jumped out of his skin when a show came on that had to do with how things are made.

The tournament was not so fun, not that any of them are. The boys got whooped, and it didn't help that they were placed in the wrong brackets for their level of experience. But that's just how it goes sometimes. We went out for milkshakes afterword. Nothing like a little ice cream to lift the dreary soul.

Some pictures....

Above is a picture from last year when we took this same trip.

9 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun little outing! Sorry the boys got whooped. That must be zero fun to watch as a mom.

I love the family picture in the hot tub. what a great one!

You guys are so cute.. I wish we could see you more often!

twoplustwins said...

sounds like a fun weekend getaway! Isaac's favorite show is how it's made. we have tried to come up with something we could write in about and see if they will make a show.
~Kim

Rebecca said...

I love Seth's pictures, you've actually managed to get a serious one! Not to mention too serious, is he practicing his studly face, getting ready for Cinderella on V-day? I wish I could have vacationed with you, I miss ya!

lanita said...

Alright now, six months? Oh how we exaggerate, Honey! End of October to beginning of February is three and a half months by my count!

Thanks for hanging in there; you're the best!

Sam

Adri said...

It FELT like six months, right? :)

Michelle said...

Yay Lanita you made it! Six months or not, it's over. You have such a beautiful family. Looks like fun.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Yahoo for you, Lanita. I'm glad you endured it. Wrestling is a tiring sport, don't you think? There is so often so much disappointment. I remember after watching one state tournament Cali said, "I never want to see a sweaty boy in spandex again."

Becky said...

I'm glad you made it! And what a fun trip - I love that you surprised the boys!! Too fun!!! :)

Dawn W said...

We went to a wrestling match last week to watch some of Scott's teachers (now priests) wrestle. As Max someone, one of the national champions, took down his opponent after playing with him like a cat plays with a mouse, we said "well, there's Sam & Lanita's kids in a few years." Don't know how you can bear to watch the squishing part, although you must be so proud when they come out victorious. Your trip sounds fun. Hey - if you always head south for this tournament, let us know when you do next time, and maybe we'll head north to meet you!