Sunday, September 27, 2009

Birthdays

I forgot to mention that Sam threw me a surprise birthday party back in August for my big Three O. He's really not very good at keeping secrets or surprises, or at least letting on that something is up, so I was quite impressed that he pulled it off. He even bought a Brian Regan dvd to watch for the special occasion. Now it just doesn't get better than that! Here's a snapshot of some of my friends that were there. Sam turned 33 this past week, and a good friend of mine offered to watch the boys so Sam and I could go on an overnighter. Sam's not the only one who can pull surprises, and it was so much fun to do so. We went to a lovely bed and breakfast up in the mountains and did some hiking the next morning. It was so nice to spend some time together and to see Sam actually relax for a little bit. Pictures.......

5 comments:

Mama Tales said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. It looks like fun!

Michelle said...

So fun! Yay for getaways! Can I take a getaway to your house???

Rebecca said...

You went hiking for fun? Do I know you anymore? JK, what terrific birthday givers you two are! I'll give a cheer to Brian Regan parties.

The Castleton Family said...

that's right my friend, you just keep hiking and getting ready for your future half marathon! :0) it looks like you guys had alot of fun! it looks like you guys stayed in a castle!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you both!! What fun! I keep telling Steve we need to go somewhere close (but ALONE) overnight while his mom's here over Christmas.