Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Penguin Predicament

I must pause here to interject a rather irritating dilemma. My jeans no longer fit. Don't get me wrong. If I were to go out and replace them with the exact same brand and style, I would be getting the exact same size. It's just that they seem to have lost their shape. They no longer sit where they are supposed to, but sag in a very annoying way. I feel like a penguin waddling around, and it drives me crazy. I just cannot justify going out to buy new jeans when these are the right size and have no tears, holes, stains or any other unseemly problems that would get me to the store. And don't even suggest wearing a belt. No thank you. To add more bulk to the waist area is not my idea of fun. I'm telling you, it's a dilemma. So when you see me waddle on by you, just know that this is what the problem is, and I'm just to cheap to fix it.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll send you a pair of scissors for Christmas to fix the whole no tears or wholes situation. That'll fix your dilemma, and scissors are a lot cheaper than new jeans for me :)

LeChem Fam said...

Welcome to my world! Let's compile our jeans, make a jean blanket and donate it to charity! That way our jeans are going to a good cause and we don't feel guilt for buying new ones!!

Rebecca said...

You just need Michelle to go shopping with you, then it's fun, and she somehow always finds the cutest pair in the store-believe you me!

Mama Tales said...

I wish I hadn't already sent your Christmas package....I would send you string that way it wouldn't bind to bad at the waiste!