Once again, Christmas has flown by. Our month of December was busy, busy. I did end up scratching some items off of my "must do" list as I realized I was starting to really resent all the hustle and bustle. And what do you know, our Christmas season was not ruined and we managed just fine without doing everything I thought we should do. In addition, Sam was home a lot more due to less tithing settlements because of our ward split. What a difference this made as well! Needless to say, this year Christmastime was less harried and I didn't get quite as worn down. Hurray!
We had a wonderful Christmas day, aside from the fact that I was asked to speak in sacrament meeting. Talk about pressure! In the defense of Sam, he had no idea that his counselors were going to ask me (that's right, they BOTH cornered me). There was definite trickery involved. It was hard to relax completely with that looming over my head, but once church was over I was down right giddy.
A watch

His reaction when he saw his Beta fish. He really didn't think Santa could swing that one.
We had a wonderful Christmas day, aside from the fact that I was asked to speak in sacrament meeting. Talk about pressure! In the defense of Sam, he had no idea that his counselors were going to ask me (that's right, they BOTH cornered me). There was definite trickery involved. It was hard to relax completely with that looming over my head, but once church was over I was down right giddy.
Here are some of the best reactions we were able to capture. Chase had some great ones.
Now for Abram:
3 comments:
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!
I love these posts!
Speaking in church on Christmas Day -- yes, that's a lot of pressure!! At least it's unlikely it will happen again, right? (And even if it does, you'll have about seven years off, haha). I wish I could have heard it because I know you and I am sure it was wonderful.
Love your pictures, especially the ones of Chase's expressions. And I love your tradition of a book for Christmas Eve -- don't be too surprised if you see me blogging our version next year, 'cause I might have to adopt that idea!
The pict of indie sethy had me fooled for Abram initially! What terrific posts, thanks for taking the time to share them. Loved that you made Christmas traditions that you wanted this year rather than ones you "needed". I'm jealous too, looking at seth's photo with a book....in a blanket....by a REAL tree (which is looking fabulous).
Post a Comment