Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Deed is Done

Hurray!!! Awhile back I mentioned how I have had THE worst time trying to get a book published in Blurb of my blog. My friend Melissa, in her attempt to save me, pointed out that the pictures on my blog did not expand to their full-sized version when you click on them. ?????

After a lot of searching through Blurb's help, Blogger's help, message boards, and Google searches, I found the solution. For some dumb reason when I upload pictures onto my blog, the link does not get uploaded with them. Apparently it is a common problem amongst Blogger users. I found a blog that explained how to fix the problem. Hallelujah! The only downside is I had to go in to every picture and manually insert the appropriate link. Not terribly difficult, just terribly time consuming.

I just got through all 230+ picture and though my bum and back are aching, IT IS DONE. Talk about monotonous. I think I'll be falling asleep tonight thinking "....select picture, right click, properties, copy, cancel, alt. tab, right click picture, link button, type 1600-h, delete button 3 times, ok, repeat......."

So check those pictures of yours. If you can't click on them and are planning on publishing a book, let me know!! I have just the thing for you.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you discovered the problem and how to fix it! By the way, I had a dream last night that you were moving to Springville, Utah, and I was not happy about it! Then I noticed there was Japanese writing on the street and two old Japanese ladies came walking by.... What does it all mean?

Dawn W said...

So, what's the trick to setting up the pictures correctly in the first place? Have you figurerd out a solution that keeps the future work at bay? Good job to you on getting all that done - what a lot of work! When does your book come in?

Anonymous said...

Hey Lanita! I'm glad that I found you! And thanks for this post! I have some pics that won't blow up too and I've never known why! Sounds like a load of work! I didn't know you could use blurb to make a book from blogger... I've loved catching up and learning more about you guys! Enjoy our beautiful CO fall!
Erika