Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Good Reminder

Friday evening Sam was gone, and I was holding down the fort. At one point I shut myself in my bathroom to try and get 5 minutes of peace. Of course Chase had other plans, got angry, and decided to huck whatever he could get his hands on at the closed door. My 5 minutes of peace lasted maybe 30 seconds.

Frustrated, I made Chase pick up the various objects that were now strewn across my bathroom. Then in a huff I went back to the computer where I was working at typing up all the boys' baby and father's blessings they had received. (Admittedly I was a little behind.)

I happened to be typing Chase's baby blessing and began typing the words, "Chase, you came to this life in great preparation. You were trained by the noble and great ones, by prophets of old and of this dispensation....." My grumpiness melted away as I thought of what a special little spirit I have in my charge. All of my boys are. It was such a good reminder that these precious little boys aren't just mine, but are in fact spirit children of Heavenly Father and should be loved, taught, and treated as such. What a help in perspective this has given me, and I find myself having more patience and seeing them in a different light. It was really something I needed to relearn at this moment.




(Just a picture of me and the boys. It was the only one I could find that I hadn't posted yet. They're too far and few between.)

3 comments:

amy said...

good reminder too for me lanita- today was one of those days, troy has been throwing everything...even such that on object hit camden's eye and we made a trip to eye doctor, plus camden pooped his pants and tried cleaning it up himself with troy in there helping. He accidently flushed the underwear down the toilet. seriously good reminder! thanks..

Becky Hanlin said...

Hey - thanks for this post - I really needed it tonight! The boys were a handful tonight, wouldn't listen to a thing I told them, and woke Amelia twice and so on and so forth and I didn't handle it very well! : ( So thanks for the reminder!!

Anne said...

Way to support CNA! Who would ever want to leave that company and go somewhere else, such as Travelers. Glad to see you are such a strong supporter.