Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sugar High on Sugar Cookies

We made sugar cookies this week. Pumpkin ones. It's a two-day process--first day bake them, second day frost. I have found that this keeps my stress levels much lower. The kids love to "help" in the kitchen (well, only when it's something really yummy), but I gotta tell you that 8 hands flying in all different directions and at varying speeds can be a little trying.

Of course the boys LOVED doing this, especially little Chase. His whole body would shake as he squeeeeezed the icing out of their little tubes. He was all about the icing as you can see from the picture. In fact, forget the cookie. Why not take out the middleman? Chase proved that sucking the icing right out of its tube is much more efficient. Same thing with the sprinkles. Why not just drink the sprinkles straight from their container? Down the hatch!

When we were (finally) finished frosting all of our cookies, I must say it looked more like they had all exploded in my kitchen. We're still in the recovery process.



(This is very serious work at hand.)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Cute as always. Seth is serious about his decorating isn't he!

Hey did you ever find that brown sugar muffin recipe that we always used to make? I miss them!


I just love you Lanit!

Nicole said...

Looks like fun!

Dawn W said...

I know what you mean about hands flying all over the kitchen disguised as help. Kudos to you for the effort it requires - more like a three day process: one to bake, one to frost, one to clean up the leftover mess (or is that 2?). Cute pictures!

Mama Tales said...

The little red hen says, "I wish I was there to help eat them!"

Scott said...

How come your three kids don't look anything alike?

Scott W