So here's our table. Granted our kitchen just got a lot smaller but we all have room to eat, and I suddenly have more work space (as our counter top surface area is somewhat limited). Whoowheee! Don't we love Craigslist?!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
I'm So Excited, and I Just Can't Hide It!
For months and months now I have been steadfastly checking Craigslist on a daily basis for a new (to us) kitchen table. We have outgrown our 4-seater and have been in need of an upgrade. I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever find the right table for the right price. I was losing hope when, today, I read about a garage sale here in town where they were selling a solid, light oak table with 6 chairs. Crossing my fingers I drove over there first thing this morning and FINALLY found our table for a fantastic price!!! I have been downright giddy.
So here's our table. Granted our kitchen just got a lot smaller but we all have room to eat, and I suddenly have more work space (as our counter top surface area is somewhat limited). Whoowheee! Don't we love Craigslist?!
So here's our table. Granted our kitchen just got a lot smaller but we all have room to eat, and I suddenly have more work space (as our counter top surface area is somewhat limited). Whoowheee! Don't we love Craigslist?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Yay, Yay, Yay...I love it sis.
Isn't craigslist the greatest! All of my favorite buys/freebees have been off of there. I love your table! you have given me a renewed hope. I have been looking for a table and chairs on CL but have yet to find that great combo. Good thing we have time...
~Kim Campbell
What a great find! I too love craigslist! When are you going to let your kids break in the new table with some sugar cookies or playdoh? ;-) It can't look like that forever you know... I wonder who will do the honor... Maybe Chase? You'll have to blog when they do break it in. ;-)
Wow! You found a great table! We love ours (found at a garage sale for a steal), but it has paint and phillips screwdriver marks all over it (all the better for us - we don't have to worry about keeping it scratch-free). Yours looks like it is in pristine condition - Way to go!!! Plus - six chairs is a huge bonus!
Lanita that looks so good! That IS exciting! You have been looking for a table for so long. I wish I could come test it out.
I love it Lanita! If anyone deserves it, its you!! Congrats!
Good find Lanit, I wish we could've given you ours. I'm a little jealous about your find. Our table takes up nearly our entire kitchen. I'd like a smaller one, but hesitate to get rid of this one, it has a removable leave, we made want some day. Congrats anyways!
Happy new table! It is in such great shape! Lucky girl. It looks great.
And I'm glad you're feeling better.. that cold going around is nasty!
Lanita, I don't know why you didn't just buy the one I suggested to you on craigslist months ago. :)
Jack Pot! sometimes you can find the "pot of Gold" in craigslist. I love finding a good find! So Good Job Lanita! The "Hunt" paid off.
I, too, searched briefly for a table on craigslist. I think the area I live in is way too ghetto to offer something that nice.
Post a Comment