Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dodged the Bullet--Again!

When Thanksgiving is around the corner, it usually means that sickness for our family is lurking very nearby. We almost always get really sick for Thanksgiving. This year was a close call, with Chase coming down with H1N1 the weekend before. It really was a miracle as he had such a mild case and to top it off....no one else got it! Now really, how often does THAT happen?

Our Thanksgiving was a great one spent with friends. We ate, played some games (Taboo being a tradition dating back to my growing up years), and ate some more. Isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about? I felt especially grateful for our many blessings this year and am grateful for a holiday set aside to reflect on those blessings. There's much to be grateful for!

Friday we went to our town's Lighting of the Trees and then hung out with some friends at our place afterwords. We ate more yummy food, watched a movie, and played some Wii. I feel the need to add that I currently stand as Boxing Champion. I'm really rather proud of the fact and the sore muscles in the ensuing few days were well worth it!
The Kids' Table

Pie Anyone?

The Lighting Ceremony

While the kids were busy upstairs watching their own movie, we were downstairs having fun of our own....

Don't let my expression there fool you. Rich might have had a little lucky streak momentarily, but I came back to win it all. That's right.

8 comments:

twoplustwins said...

I've never cared for the boxing game much, but it is impressive that you won.

Unknown said...

GO LANITA!!

Mama Tales said...

You ARE the champion!!!!

Beth said...

Congrats, boxing champ!! And I didn't realize Chase had H1N1 too; so glad it was mild and nobody else got it.

I never gave you the address to my blog. I'm off to email you right now.

The Castleton Family said...

Now, I am not letting the expression on your face fool me...I have seen Bone Breaker in action and Rich agress hands down you are the boxing master. I am trying to still figure out your secret ingredient to your punches...it must be your frail little arms! My concern is why is your hubby so happy to see you in your moment of weakness! :0)

Rebecca said...

Wellllll, if you are EVER ready for a rematch with the NK, let me know. It's only a hundred dollar rematch. ps. NK stands for natural killer.

The Castleton Family said...

hahaha!!! NICE Reeba..I mean NK!! I think both you and Nita need your own boxing robes with your nicknames on the back. :0) Can I get a discount on front row seats to the rematch??

Dawn W said...

Way to go on the rest of you avoiding the H1N1 - and double way to go on being boxing champion! Those mom arms ought to get some trophies somewhere!