1. He is suddenly so loud. He screams bloody murder for no apparent reason. Initially my heart would stop beating, but now he needs to learn the story of "Never Cry Wolf."
2. Chase is our mini Godzilla. The growls and animalistic sounds that come from deep within, let alone the path of chaos and destruction that follows his wake, are enough to make my hair stand on edge.
3. The independent streak is making itself manifest. It's so frustrating because he thinks he can do anything his bros do, and he just can't. For crying out loud, I know you want to hold the cup by yourself while I pour the milk, but I can't do so when you're holding it SIDEWAYS!!!!
4. He's the biggest tease. He loves to annoy his brothers, or me for that matter. When it's time to go somewhere he immediately runs away from me when I go to put on his coat. It's not that he doesn't want to leave, he just likes to give me a run (literally) for my money. As soon as I catch him, he suddenly goes limp, and I am now trying to put a coat on a noodle. He's laughing the whole time, and in the back of my mind I feel like I'm being mocked--by my 22 month old. Of course as soon as I get his coat on, he's up and off like a shot towards the car.
These are just a few examples of this transformation. Now don't get me wrong. I don't believe he's the horror, necessarily. It's just this inevitable course of nature that seems horrific. We all go through it, though I do believe some cases are somewhat more difficult than others, and maybe the somewhat reddish hair has something to do with Chase's case......
As ugly as it gets though, thank goodness for nighttime. It's another rather strange phenomenon when 10 minutes ago you were ready to throw your child out with the bath water, and the next your gazing at your perfectly angelic child and thinking there's nothing sweeter on the earth than your little one.....sound asleep. Ahhh, the joy. Then you're ready for the face-off once again in t-minus 11ish hours. I'm such a sucker.
8 comments:
I cannot WAIT to see the little terror. MOM
Oh Lanita, I am so sorry for you! I haven't read this book yet, but plan to in a few months. It's called "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" by Harvey Karp. I hear it's good. Maybe it will help. Good luck with your little monster--I mean, angel :)
Your doing great. Keep up the great work. I know it hard but the pay off is worth it, or so I'm told. It better be!!!
Perfectly PUT!!!! I am right there with you sister!!! I have no clue what happened either. So funny I was just telling this to Greg last night and here I read this, this morning. They were conspiring before they got here!
Hah! I love your reference to my fav book. Perfect! W. has just started the tantrum-throwing. It's funny and awful all at the same time.
Whoa - Heart of Darkness? All I can think about there is an overweight Marlon Brando. Very cute picture at the end. Night time does make it all worth it.
Wow! I can't believe the red hair! Oh, the joy of being a mom of a two year old.
Fun, fun, fun. Ben took a little longer (3 1/2), but the last month or so he's been, well, awful. Not 100% of the time, THANK GOODNESS, but enough. He thinks he has to "do it myself" with everything, he yells at me and screams and throws things and ... sigh ... Kids. Sleeping is one of my favorites too, somedays I'm doing a countdown until bedtime, okay fine, most days. ;)
Post a Comment