Yes, Chase still is completely attached to his binky. Yes, he's two years old, and yes, it's just been sheer laziness on my part to wean him from it. Pure and simple. It's just too easy to keep him quiet and happy with it.
And yes, his teeth seem a little crooked. Sam and I figured that it was probably time to begin the weaning process. We are down to one binky and he only gets it at naptime and bedtime. That is, until I took the boys to the dentist yesterday.....
The dentist looked in Chase's mouth and pronounced that his pallet is malformed due to his binky habit. If we take it completely away from him now, then the problem will correct itself, otherwise the chances grow slimmer and slimmer.
We're no longer talking about crooked teeth, but a malformed pallet. Yikes! That did if for me. So last night, with trembling hands, I cut the tip off his last remaining binky. I've never tried this trick, but it is pretty slick. I'm not the bad guy. I didn't take his binky away from him, but dog gone it, it just doesn't work right. Chase was very frustrated and mad, and confused he kept showing it to me. Man, what a bummer deal. Sorry kiddo.
Yes he cried, and I had to lay on the floor next to him singing songs until he fell asleep. And yes, he's crying right now as he's trying to take a nap. But we've made it through one night, and hopefully things will get easier (though it doesn't seem like it by the sounds of it). Wish me luck!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment