That is until we were walking to the bus stop this morning. Abram and Seth were walking hand in hand, and I heard Abram saying to his brother, "Don't worry, Seth. I'll tell you everything you need to know." Just seeing the two of them tromping off into the big world killed me.
I held it together until the bus pulled away, and that was all she wrote. I came home and had myself a nice, little Cry Fest. I don't know why it's so hard. It's not like I can keep them home with me forever, safe and protected from the mean, hard world. Oh but part of me wishes I could. And Kim, I'm grateful for your comment under "Butterflies." I'm glad I'm not the only mom who has such a hard time with this.
Here they are on their first day of school.
5 comments:
Yep - whenever I hear there were tears on the first day of school, I know they weren't from Isaac...
well i have been out of it for awhile! You have posted so much! I need to get quite the update! First of all congrats on the super fun spontaneous trip to disneyland! You have a wild hair woman! Keep up the hard work the the binky!!!! I love how Abram was so so sweet with Seth. Tender moments!! I am not looking forward to that moment! I will hold on to this extra year! Love and miss you girl!
I love reading all your blogs! It's hard wither it's your first or second. Can't they just stay little sometimes? At least they know they have a place of refuge from the mean, hard world. And Mom is right there waiting with open arms.
Your boys are so cute! I asked Kate if she wanted to leave a comment, because of course blogging is a new big hit at our house, but she got a little shy when she couldn't really remember Abram from a picture - just from talking about him and the pictures in her head I guess. Anyway, what a great picture - little buddies.
I can't even imagine. I'm glad I have a few more years until my "baby" goes to school!
Post a Comment