After spending one of those days on the internet and phone, checking prices and making reservations, we headed off to DISNEYLAND!!! Now you have to understand, I'm CRAZY for Disneyland. I'm one of Those People. Granted I've only been there twice (once when I was pregnant, so that hardly counts), but I love love it. I've been wanting to go for so long and finally the time and price was right.
We had a BLAST! (I apologize for all the CAPS but you just can't hear my voice inflection in the ol' blogaroo.) The boys have never been, and it was such a treat to see the magical world of Disney through their eyes. Seth reminded me of popcorn popping as he was so excited all the time he couldn't stand still. After the first ride (Pirates) he turned to me and said, "Mom, this place really IS magical." I knew the trip was worth it right then.
Some highlights from our trip:
~Sam is currently wearing a walking cast as he has tendinitis in his right foot. To our surprise a lot of the ride workers saw that, took pity on him, and suggested he/we use the handicap entrance. You know what that means folks....no lines! Between that, Fast Pass, and Child Swap, we had it made in the shade. I decided the next time someone breaks a foot is the next time we're going to Disneyland. :)
~Instead of stalking princesses in the park, our boys could have spent the day at Tom Sawyer's Island. That place is a boy's dream come true. We went there twice (on Seth's insistence), and they screamed around exploring caves, finding treasure, and climbing tree houses.
~Yes, we felt the earthquake that hit the LA area. That was an adventure in and of itself. All the rides were shut down and tests were run to make sure they sustained no damage. We just went back to the hotel for nap time, and now the boys can say they've been in an earthquake. Man, this trip just kept getting better and better. ;)
~Cinderella blew Seth a kiss during a parade, and he was completely mortified. It was hilarious.
~We saw the Hill Billy show with the fiddlers and Abram was looking at them like kids look at their favorite Disney character. He was completely enthralled and it gave him more incentive to practice. Hurray for that!
~For their souvenir the boys decided to build their own light sabers. They got to pick the various pieces and put one together. Little did I know that the sabers would turn out ginormous. Those suckers are taller than Sam. They are definitely outside toys.
~Fav. rides: Abram--Space & Splash Mountain. Seth--Matterhorn & Casey Jr. Choo Choo. Chase--Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters & the Carousel. After forcing the kiddos to pick their favorites, Sam and I admit we can't pick our own. We loved them all, and really so did the boys. Well, I lie. Chase was not particularly fond of Pirates or The Haunted Mansion. Imagine that.
I think I could go on and on about our vacation, because it truly was that, our own family vacation. Most of our vacation days are spent seeing family as we have no one nearby. Of course we love our families and wouldn't have it any other way, but it was so nice to finally have our own family getaway. And at Disneyland none the less. The rides were a blast, the food....expensive, the entertainment wondrous, and the memories priceless. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it all. (I warned you, I'm one of Those.)
Mr. Independent
Water fun at It's A Bug's Life (they were completely soaked)
Abram was chosen as one of the Jedi's in Training. After his instruction he actually got to battle The Darth Vader.
It's Tough To Be A Bug 3D show. LOVED it!
Abram helping Chase check out the Tea Cups.
5 comments:
What a great vacation! I am so glad you guys got to go. I love having our own family vacations, we try to do it once every year. I really enjoy the one-on-one time with just the kids and Nigel. I am really glad you got to go!
~Kim
How FUN! We really miss Disneyland. We were so lucky to have free passes when Jacob worked for Disney, and every time we went was like the first time for the girls. They loved it, especially the parade because all the princesses were there. I never saw the 3D bug thing. Is that new? (Sounds like this was a lot more fun than camping. At least everyone managed to stay cleaner :)
Oh, I'm so so jealous! Glad to hear you had a fabulous time! We get to go in October and I can HARDLY wait! I'm one of Those People too! hahaha! Can't wait to hear more about it tomorrow! :o)
I'm one of THOSE PEOPLE, too, Lanita and I loved reliving this through you. I'm sooooo glad you seized the day.
I thought it was funny you didn't have to chase princess signatures and that Abram found inspiration through the fiddlers! You're right, that place IS magical . . . in more ways than one.
I am SOO one of THOSE people myself. Growing up, my parents always promised to take us "when (whoever was youngest) is old enough." I'm sure it's shocking to find that the time never came. Steve and I got to go to Disney World for our 1 year anniversary because we won money towards a trip and that completly sealed the deal for me. I'm SOOO jealous that you got to take your chillin's, we're going to one day, you know, when the youngest is old enough. :)
New job? Geesh, I just talked to you the other day. Hmmm, maybe I talk too much, darn it. I hope it goes well!!
Post a Comment